How many pictures should I have in my content?

Feeling Lost, Overwhelmed With Info Overload... Start Here... We Talk About Getting Started :-)
Click Here viewforum.php?f=36 To Checkout The Marketplace...
fable666

How many pictures should I have in my content?

Postby fable666 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:24 pm

Hi all

I have heard that pictures help to break down the reading but how many pictures should I aim for in my content?

cheers
Looking for a bike rack? Then come on over to the #1 Site For Bike Rack Reviews and have a look to see what you could have missed reading other review sites. What are you waiting for? what have you got to lose? Come take a look....
POSTROW VIEW TOPIC BODY
jimburrow

Re: How many pictures should I have in my content?

Postby jimburrow » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:28 pm

Yes images will help people from clicking away from your site due to very long content like an article. But you must strike a balance, too many images will break up the reader's concentration while reading. Here too, you need to do some research and view other websites and see what your eyes like.

I think one image every three hundred words is nice. But make sure the image contributes to the content that it is next too. Also it doesn't need to be a picture, it can be an Advertisement. Marcus has two plug-ins that are Ad related that breaks up an article nicely by blending in the article with the Ad.- Get more information from the tools in the toolbar.

If you have bullet point paragraphs, you can have image icons for each bullet, I do this a lot and I think it contributes to the overall appearance to the page versus just a bullet dot before the sentence.

Also for SEO stuff, title your images with long tail keywords. This is a plus for organic ranking in the search engines.
Jim Burrow a senior student of Marcus.
http://howtobuildablog.net

Return to “Getting Started”