NoFollow and DoFollow links do you need both?

Learn all about traffic, PPC, SEO, Article Marketing, Video Marketing, Banner Ads, CPM Buys And More...
fable666

NoFollow and DoFollow links do you need both?

Postby fable666 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:58 am

Hi guys,

Do NoFollow links have the same link juice (yes a new word for me lol) as DoFollow links? Do you have to balance them out? Or can you just have DoFollow links and no NoFollow links?

Many thanks
Looking for a bike rack? Then come on over to the #1 Site For Bike Rack Reviews and have a look to see what you could have missed reading other review sites. What are you waiting for? what have you got to lose? Come take a look....
POSTROW VIEW TOPIC BODY
jimburrow

Re: NoFollow and DoFollow links do you need both?

Postby jimburrow » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:56 pm

They are independent from one another. I set these up in my SEO plugin. Both all-in-one seo and Yoast have settings. As for the NoFollow, I set it my dashboard >settings>Search Engine Visibility. I check the box to Discourage search engines from indexing this site. I do this in two cases.

1- On my test sites because I don't want Google and the boys to index the site and not to have duplicate content with respect to the site under development.

2 - Also set no index on my live site if I expect to be doing a lot of changes to it.

I notice in one of my tracking stat plugins that Google and Bing both visit my site several times a day. Why, because I have a plugin that tells Google and Bing and others that their has been a change to the site and come take a look.
Jim Burrow a senior student of Marcus.
http://howtobuildablog.net

Return to “Gettin' Traffic”