Link Building

Got Wordpress Questions - We Got Answers... Check Out The Videos Or Ask A New Question All About Wordpress And Blogging For Profit.
vzerbee

Link Building

Postby vzerbee » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:37 pm

Do you teach about link building? Can you comment on the importance of link building for simple sites vs authority sites?

Thank you.

Vicki
Vicki Zerbee
Natural Health advocate for 34+ years because it's keeping me young and energized!
Loving the world of entrepreneurship to help people and to be flexible for family :)
http://AntiAgingByDesign.com
Central PA USA
POSTROW VIEW TOPIC BODY
fable666

Re: Link Building

Postby fable666 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:11 am

Good question, I would like to know more about link building as I am struggling with this little strategy.
Looking for a bike rack? Then come on over to the #1 Site For Bike Rack Reviews and have a look to see what you could have missed reading other review sites. What are you waiting for? what have you got to lose? Come take a look....
jimburrow

Postby jimburrow » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:30 pm

What I've been reading by Google and in their webinars, is that they are not putting that much importance on backlink any more like they used too. The reason is that too many people were using link farming to get thousands of backlinks to their sites. For example, if you have a brand new website, say one day old and it shows you have 20 thousand backlinks, - how is that possible and Google thought the same thing.

So your backlinks should be from good sources or authority sites. Another example, if you have a dog website and a backlink on it from a bathing suit site for older women, google has to ask, what does bathing suits for older women have to do with dogs. So Google might penalize you for that backlink.

So the moral to the story is that you can get good search engine ranking without a lot of backlinks. - Several of my sites rank on the first page of the search result page in Google and Bing with no backlinks connected to them.

Concentrate on your keywords and your site all about those keywords. Have your primary keyword as part of your Domain name, Have it in the site title (meta title) and in the sites description (meta description). A plus would be to have the page or post title an <h1> tag your keyword in the title. Then make sure the second sentence after the <h1>tag has your primary keyword in it or at least the primary keyword for that page or site.

This will help in your Organic traffic. - SEO ranking in the search results pages.
Jim Burrow a senior student of Marcus.
http://howtobuildablog.net
vzerbee

Postby vzerbee » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:09 pm

Your reply makes a lot of sense Jim. Thank you. I have been seeing the same and think the combination of doing keywords right and getting good quality back links, even if we don't get tons of them, is a good strategy.
Vicki Zerbee
Natural Health advocate for 34+ years because it's keeping me young and energized!
Loving the world of entrepreneurship to help people and to be flexible for family :)
http://AntiAgingByDesign.com
Central PA USA
Natashawilliams

Postby Natashawilliams » Thu May 11, 2017 4:29 am

Thank you guys for starting this topic. I have got great knowledge with a post about link building.
Krogers160

Postby Krogers160 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:20 pm

Another good strategy for SEO is take your most profitable keywords, those that are getting traffic to your site. Then make a sub domain of your site: keyword.yoursite.com pointing to the page of that keyword. This way the keyword is in the domain and in the ad if you do adwords.
magicman
Site Admin

Postby magicman » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:36 am

good tip krogers :) used that one many times.

Return to “Wordpress And Blogging”