How do you change a Page URL?

Got Wordpress Questions - We Got Answers... Check Out The Videos Or Ask A New Question All About Wordpress And Blogging For Profit.
fable666

How do you change a Page URL?

Postby fable666 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:48 pm

Hi

I created a page a few weeks ago, I'm not quite sure on the length of the URL but its long...lol. How do I change the page URL so its shorter and would it effect anything?

Thanks
Looking for a bike rack? Then come on over to the #1 Site For Bike Rack Reviews and have a look to see what you could have missed reading other review sites. What are you waiting for? what have you got to lose? Come take a look....
POSTROW VIEW TOPIC BODY
jimburrow

Re: How do you change a Page URL?

Postby jimburrow » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:25 pm

There's a couple of ways to do it.

One way that you see marcus do it, is to edit the page or post and change the title. But the problem with that is the title "slug" doesn't change and it is the "slug" that wordpress uses to track all your post and pages.

For me a better way is to go into your dashboard>page or dashboard>post and select all (all pages or all post) then find the page or post you want to change the URL for and click on "Quick Edit". The remove the "Slug" so their is nothing in the field. After that change the title and you will also notice that the "slug" is updated at the same time.

For me this is the prefered method.
Jim Burrow a senior student of Marcus.
http://howtobuildablog.net

Return to “Wordpress And Blogging”