Is it better to have a premium theme or a free one from wordpress?

Got Wordpress Questions - We Got Answers... Check Out The Videos Or Ask A New Question All About Wordpress And Blogging For Profit.
fable666

Is it better to have a premium theme or a free one from wordpress?

Postby fable666 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:51 pm

Hi again,

Would it be better for me to purchase a premium theme or just use a free one? and what would the benefits be?

Many thanks
Looking for a bike rack? Then come on over to the #1 Site For Bike Rack Reviews and have a look to see what you could have missed reading other review sites. What are you waiting for? what have you got to lose? Come take a look....
POSTROW VIEW TOPIC BODY
jimburrow

Re: Is it better to have a premium theme or a free one from wordpress?

Postby jimburrow » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:18 pm

Wordpress has a quite a few free good looking themes on their website - wordpress.org.
So there's no need to buy someone's theme unless it is 100% the layout and can do what you want to do on your website.
If you don't want to use a default theme from wordpress, and are one of Marcus students, he has several theme you can use for free. However I prefer creating my own themes using Artisteer. Artisteer is only around 60 or so dollars. With Artisteer, the sky is the limit with what you can do with it.

You can create your theme headers in any graphics program. I use Gimp, it is free and is a slightly lighter version of photoshop. Unless you are a digital professional artist, there is no reason to have photoshop. just go download Gip. - yes their is a learning curve as with any good powerful program.

Another program I use heavily is Snagit by Techsmith. It to cost around $60 but is will worth it. For most of the stuff you will be doing, Snigit is fine and has a low learning curve. This is also you see Marcus use a lot in his webinars.
Jim Burrow a senior student of Marcus.
http://howtobuildablog.net

Return to “Wordpress And Blogging”