What to put in my footer?

Got Wordpress Questions - We Got Answers... Check Out The Videos Or Ask A New Question All About Wordpress And Blogging For Profit.
fable666

What to put in my footer?

Postby fable666 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:42 pm

Hi all,

On my website I have contact and Privacy Policy in the footer, but would it hurt if I add recently viewed articles on there? I am just worried that I might over do the Keyword density?

Many thanks
Looking for a bike rack? Then come on over to the #1 Site For Bike Rack Reviews and have a look to see what you could have missed reading other review sites. What are you waiting for? what have you got to lose? Come take a look....
POSTROW VIEW TOPIC BODY
jimburrow

Re: What to put in my footer?

Postby jimburrow » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:02 pm

You should also have "about us" and "Contact" links in the footer. Otherwise Google might get pissed at you and not display your site snippet in the search results pages.

Unless you are using a one column website (with no side bars) then the you would normally put your most recent post in the sidebar using the "recent post" widget. - Note their are specialized plug-in you can use in place of the recent post widget. I use the "list Category post" plugin instead of the recent post widget.

Don't be concerned about keyword density with respect to spamming. just be natural in your content and you will be ok.
Jim Burrow a senior student of Marcus.
http://howtobuildablog.net
vzerbee

Re: What to put in my footer?

Postby vzerbee » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:13 pm

Agree with Jim about being natural with your content. I am learning that Google and other search engines are getting very smart at reading content and they want you to write like you would talk.. naturally. That will 'naturally' include words similar to your keywords and search engines like that.
Vicki Zerbee
Natural Health advocate for 34+ years because it's keeping me young and energized!
Loving the world of entrepreneurship to help people and to be flexible for family :)
http://AntiAgingByDesign.com
Central PA USA

Return to “Wordpress And Blogging”