Got an error installing a plugin?

Got Wordpress Questions - We Got Answers... Check Out The Videos Or Ask A New Question All About Wordpress And Blogging For Profit.
fable666

Got an error installing a plugin?

Postby fable666 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:44 pm

Hi,

About a month ago I had an error installing a plugin. I think the error was something to do with not having enough memory. Of course I didn't install it but I would like to know what might have caused this? And is there fix?

cheers
Looking for a bike rack? Then come on over to the #1 Site For Bike Rack Reviews and have a look to see what you could have missed reading other review sites. What are you waiting for? what have you got to lose? Come take a look....
POSTROW VIEW TOPIC BODY
jimburrow

Re: Got an error installing a plugin?

Postby jimburrow » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:52 pm

There's a few reason why the plugin failed.
Note - memory size has nothing to do with it.- unless you are using windows 98 and a computer some 15 years old.

1 - the plugin is out of date and may not be compatible with the version of wordpress you are using. When you want to install a plugin from WordPress.org, always check to see if the plugin is compatible with your version. It will always tell you if it has been tested for your version of wordpress.

2 - You are trying to install a file that is not in the zip format. All wordpress plugins must be a zipped file

3 - You unzipped the plugin before installing it. - the plug-in can not be unzipped. install it as is.

Before installing any plug-in, make sure it has the zip extension. Example would be Marcus Grid Tracker plugin. Grid-tracker 5.2.zip

Above are the three main reason.
Jim Burrow a senior student of Marcus.
http://howtobuildablog.net

Return to “Wordpress And Blogging”