What is the slug for in wordpress?

Got Wordpress Questions - We Got Answers... Check Out The Videos Or Ask A New Question All About Wordpress And Blogging For Profit.
fable666

What is the slug for in wordpress?

Postby fable666 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:08 pm

Hi,

As you can tell I'm quite a newbie....

On a post at the top, there is a screen options tab. There is a select box labelled slug. What is this and what is it used for?

Cheers
Looking for a bike rack? Then come on over to the #1 Site For Bike Rack Reviews and have a look to see what you could have missed reading other review sites. What are you waiting for? what have you got to lose? Come take a look....
POSTROW VIEW TOPIC BODY
jimburrow

Re: What is the slug for in wordpress?

Postby jimburrow » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:00 pm

Sorry Fabble - I looked on several of my websites and their is no slug option in posts. The same goes for pages. What the screen option does is allows you to choose what columns you want to have displayed on that screen.

The only way I know of to get to a page or post slug is by - while on that screen you are looking at - is to scroll down to the page or post of interest and click on "Quick Edit". There you can change the slug as noted in an earlier post of yours on change URL titles for a page and or post.
Jim Burrow a senior student of Marcus.
http://howtobuildablog.net

Return to “Wordpress And Blogging”