New user registration on my website something to worry about?

Got Wordpress Questions - We Got Answers... Check Out The Videos Or Ask A New Question All About Wordpress And Blogging For Profit.
fable666

New user registration on my website something to worry about?

Postby fable666 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:33 am

Hi All

I have had two new user registrations on my website, but I don't know how they registered and is it something to worry about?

Many thanks
Looking for a bike rack? Then come on over to the #1 Site For Bike Rack Reviews and have a look to see what you could have missed reading other review sites. What are you waiting for? what have you got to lose? Come take a look....
POSTROW VIEW TOPIC BODY
jimburrow

Re: New user registration on my website something to worry about?

Postby jimburrow » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:50 pm

Can you be more specific - don't know what you are refering too with respect to Registration. What are they registering too? is it an Optin form?
Jim Burrow a senior student of Marcus.
http://howtobuildablog.net
fable666

Postby fable666 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:57 pm

Hi,

Yes no problem. In wordpress there is USERS on the menu on the side, and when I open the USERS it now says I have 6 users registered (7 including myself as admin) and subscribed. I do not have an opt-in and comments is not activated due to spam. Just wanted to know how they could have become registered users and whether it is safe?

Many thanks
Looking for a bike rack? Then come on over to the #1 Site For Bike Rack Reviews and have a look to see what you could have missed reading other review sites. What are you waiting for? what have you got to lose? Come take a look....
jimburrow

Postby jimburrow » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:00 pm

To help answer this question. I will show you how to look who is allowed access to your website. - which you already know.
I created a quick video that shows you how to add and remove/delete a user from your wordpress admin area. I hope this helps.

To answer your other question, how did these people get into your user area, other than from hackers, no idea. I have never experienced that problem with any of my websites.

Last edited by jimburrow on Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim Burrow a senior student of Marcus.
http://howtobuildablog.net
fable666

Postby fable666 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:54 pm

Thanks Jim,

Watched Video and deleted them all. Lets hope I don't get any more, Before I deleted them I had a count of 15!!!

Again thank you for the help.

Return to “Wordpress And Blogging”