please review my site and my new short video

pupypower

please review my site and my new short video

Postby pupypower » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:50 pm

The site is www.jlmcreativedesigns.com and the new video is

Rather short video, but I added it to one of my pages of my website anyway. At least it is original!
POSTROW VIEW TOPIC BODY
magicman
Site Admin

Re: please review my site and my new short video

Postby magicman » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:56 am

can you tell us more about your business in a video or text (video preferred) pricing structure, profitability, how you get customers, what services you are best at ect...

pupypower

Postby pupypower » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:00 pm

HI Marcus,

my site is: jlmcreativedesigns,com

main keyword: website design

traffic stats: 0

traffic method desired: seo and will be sending out emails to possible clients

revenue: Doing free lance right now avg. 1000.00 per month when we don't have a rotten charge back!

money spent on traffic: 0

This site's primary use is to advertise the business. There is some additional advertising on the site and a free web site analysis tool that when a customer uses it, it captures their info so I can contact the client with further info about their site and ways to spruce it up.

Since this isn't the typical sites you are working with, I was wondering if I could set up another site? Information following,,,
pupypower

Postby pupypower » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:04 pm

HI Marcus,

my site is: http://cutyourelectricbills.jostopsites.com/

main keyword: cut your electric bill

traffic stats: 0 (site not built yet)

traffic method desired: seo

revenue: 0

money spent on traffic: 0

This is a site that I was thinking about starting using your teachings. What do you think of the idea. I would most likely use click bank products and set up the site as a review type site.
pupypower

Postby pupypower » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:09 am

Hi again Marcus.

Here is some info regarding a site that I am building for my dog grooming business.

joannesgrooming.com

This site is like the JLM Creative Designs site in the fact that I am advertising my services. I have added an Amazon shopping page to two of the pages within the site, but the main purpose is to let people know I am available for dog grooming.

I will be using organic traffic by doing seo on the site and will be linking it to my other site howtogroomdogs.org. Hopefully this will add to the authority of the site.

I am really pleased with the way my logo turned out. I saw that you also have the logo creator. I just love mine and am finding more reasons to make use of it. Any way, I just thought you might want to look at it as well and let me know what you think. Thanks JoAnne
magicman
Site Admin

Postby magicman » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:17 pm

Here is a review... i was a lil DIRECT and Up Front because you have been with me a while and i know you need this info:

pupypower

Postby pupypower » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:42 pm

You are killing my creative bent. Lol. All kidding aside, I see what you mean about the logos taking up too much space and making the first page in particular simpler and to the point. Even though it is going to be really, really boring I'll go through and make the changes. Sigh. I just didn't think that the business sites would be set up like other sites. Thanks for the info. I'll get back to you in a few days with fewer purple paws and more info.

One question I have. I have already made my business name JLM Creative Designs LLC. If I get a different domain name and such, would that affect the future possibility in having my business name in there? I have my banking ie merchants services and payment plan in that name. Could I simply add the name on the site so people know that they are dealing with JLM creative designs and not web designs r us? Other wise, I would have to go through and change everything and that would be expensive and a major pain.

If I can put the name of the business on the site, then the name of the domain could be just about anything as long as it's something that people are searching for correct? Please let me know and I will start ripping up my sites. boo hoo.......
magicman
Site Admin

Postby magicman » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:43 pm

your business name can stay the same as that is just who they pay and what you use on your taxes... you can have as many sites funneling the same business... so i wouldnt jump the gun on new merchant accounts and banks... just make a site like a storefront and the business the actual cash taker lol

like how i have affiliatemarketingdude, simple sites, and blog profit...

its all under pcmoneymaking llc ;)

marcus

pupypower

Postby pupypower » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:06 pm

Hi again Marcus. Please check out my site http://joannesgrooming.com/ and see if that is more like what you are talking about. I also need some input on the electric bill site. There are tons of solar energy sites out there and plenty of click bank products for them, but if I start off with the site being electric bill, I would like to at least have something on the site in that regard. I have been trying to figure out a good domain name for it. electricbill-toptipstosave, electricbill-savemoney, saveelectricbill, something like that. According to the keyword planner, electric bill has the most searches and very low competition. In fact, there isn't anyone bidding on that keyword at all. But when you add tips to saving on electric bill, the ads are plentiful and the competition is high. I would like to stay in the electric bill side of things, but don't know how to flip the readers over to the solar electric or other means of power from there.

I guess what I am saying, is that I don't know how to set this up so it will help people who need help with their bills and also show them other means of power. Please help me out with some ideas. Thanks, JoAnne
pupypower

Postby pupypower » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:20 am

I could use some input please. Check my sites joannesgrooming.com and jlmcreativedesigns.com when you get a chance please. See if I am going in the right direction. And I would really like to talk to you about the electric bill site. I need some ideas. thanks JoAnne
magicman
Site Admin

Postby magicman » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:52 pm

part one - Local Business Marketing Review

millahjovich

Postby millahjovich » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:20 am

I could use some input please. Check my sites joannesgrooming.com and jlmcreativedesigns.com when you get a chance please. See if I am going in the right direction. And I would really like to talk to you about the electric bill site. I need some ideas. thanks JoAnne
rich5467

Postby rich5467 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:41 am

Here is my humble response to this post.

#1 I am not Marcus. However, I have done websites for people ranging from $500 dollars to $10000 dollars (when Wordpress did not exist). I have about 20 years experience with HTML, CSS, Wordpress, PHP, etc. It just so happens I suck at sales which is why I am here ;)

You may not ever see this and you may be upset with Marcus because you feel he did not answer your questions properly. Believe it or not he answered your questions better than just about any Guru on the internet would.

I would recommend that you go to a site like Tuts+, Lynda.com or Udemy and learn some design skills. You need to learn how to "DESIGN" a website, rather than just "MAKE" a website if you are going to sell a website to a customer. Design is a lot more than picking a Wordpress theme and then "slapping stuff" on it.

If it appears I am being harsh, I am not, I really wish to help you. I am going through many of the same things as everyone else, my websites are not all perfect either.

However, take a look at the following website which I made for an attorney in Beverly Hills to get an idea. It may not be 100% perfect, but it is clean and professional (at least according to the attorney I built it for) which is all that matters.

http://www.hershlerlaw.com/

Sincerely,

Richard Bennett

Return to “Our Site Reviews”