Question about buying and holding domain names

vzerbee

Question about buying and holding domain names

Postby vzerbee » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:26 pm

My questions is in regard to buying lots of domain names and then not doing anything with them for awhile. Is there any drawback to that strategy? Will it hurt in terms of getting indexed when you do put content on it? Also, do you put some kind of content on it while you wait to do something with the site? I wasn't sure of the best practices for this.

Thanks,

Vicki
Vicki Zerbee
Natural Health advocate for 34+ years because it's keeping me young and energized!
Loving the world of entrepreneurship to help people and to be flexible for family :)
http://AntiAgingByDesign.com
Central PA USA
POSTROW VIEW TOPIC BODY
jimburrow

Re: Question about buying and holding domain names

Postby jimburrow » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:07 pm

The only advantage to buying domains that you are not going to use - like Marcus does - is if you intend to sell those domains in the future like he does for a profit. The disadvantage is that every year you still have to renew those domains at on the average $15 a pop per domain. - Marcus has over 300 domains, that's $4,500 a year he is paying for all those domains. - Ouch!

When you buy a domain from a registrar, if you do nothing with that domain, then the registrar will create a "under construction" site for visitors to see. It doesn't hurt your search rankings as their is nothing on it anyway. Your real ranking comes after you put content on the site in which now the Robots crawlers have something to index. If you are going to use PPC for that site, then you don't really care about ranking.
Jim Burrow a senior student of Marcus.
http://howtobuildablog.net

Return to “Domain Names And Site Buying”