Using subdomains instead of buying new domains

vzerbee

Using subdomains instead of buying new domains

Postby vzerbee » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:22 pm

What is your opinion about using subdomains or even domain extensions to build landing pages that are related to the site? For example for my AntiAgingByDesign website, if I have a product that I want to promote that is antiaging related, can I create a subdomain for the landing page using the keyword and keep it on my AntiAgingByDesign website instead of buying a new domain?

Thanks,

Vicki
Vicki Zerbee
Natural Health advocate for 34+ years because it's keeping me young and energized!
Loving the world of entrepreneurship to help people and to be flexible for family :)
http://AntiAgingByDesign.com
Central PA USA
POSTROW VIEW TOPIC BODY
Razyan3

Re: Using subdomains instead of buying new domains

Postby Razyan3 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:14 pm

I would only choose a standard keyword selected domain with either a .com or .net extension. No subdomains.
vzerbee

Postby vzerbee » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:43 am

Thanks for your response!
Vicki Zerbee
Natural Health advocate for 34+ years because it's keeping me young and energized!
Loving the world of entrepreneurship to help people and to be flexible for family :)
http://AntiAgingByDesign.com
Central PA USA
jimburrow

Postby jimburrow » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:23 pm

This is a controversial question.

If you are thinking about what Marcus call "Click flopping" with Adsence, then you might what a new/different domain. Cick flopping is where you have one website with low searches and competition so you can get good ranking in the search results pages like google and Bing. - The same basically for PPC, you don't want a lot of Ad competition either.

So on the first sight you have no Google Adsense and remember you don't use the high search/competition keywords on this first site. But you put links on this first site that will flip them to a second website (or more) with all the high search volume and competition on these other sites. - It's these second site that have the high clicks payout to you.

Now you could try creating sub-domains which are independent website, but are attached to your primary domain. These subdomains can have totally different theme layouts. - you treat them link a separate website. The only disadvantage is that your primary domain name is attached to the sub-domain.

An example say you have a domain name of Animal.com and on this animal site you talk about cats and dogs. You can then create a subdomain for cats and one for dogs. So the one for cats would be www.cat.animal.com - note the primary domain title in it. And the one for dogs would be www.dog.animal.com

I hope I covered your question. So for you, you might want to try the sub-domain method first, because it is "FREE" and see what happens. You can always latter buy domains in the sub-domain doesn't pan out.
Jim Burrow a senior student of Marcus.
http://howtobuildablog.net

Return to “Domain Names And Site Buying”