Are high competition niches the best to go for?

Here A Niche, There A Niche, Everywhere A Niche Niche... Find Your Profitable Niche Here... Or Two Or Three Or A Hundred And Three...
fable666

Are high competition niches the best to go for?

Postby fable666 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:36 pm

Hi

I have read many times that high competition niches are the best to go for, as there are proven buyers. Is this the case or just hype?

Many thanks
Looking for a bike rack? Then come on over to the #1 Site For Bike Rack Reviews and have a look to see what you could have missed reading other review sites. What are you waiting for? what have you got to lose? Come take a look....
POSTROW VIEW TOPIC BODY
jimburrow

Re: Are high competition niches the best to go for?

Postby jimburrow » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:17 pm

If you have lots of money to use on advertizing, then go for it. But note that you probably will not be able to do will in the organic (FREE) site as a market traffic source.

Remember, before you can get traffic, people have to see your Ad or snippet (in the search result pages) to click on. On the PPC side you will have to pay big money per click because you are competing against all the big boys.

This is way Marcus teaches us to use the trigger word list to find the low competition keywords for those high competition niche. - Note that Marcus has lots of training on this.

This makes it much easier for people to find you once they are on your site. Then you can introduce the high payout products. If you are thinking about Adsence, then again you use the low competition keywords to get people to your site. Then once on your site, you have links to the high payout offers that are on Google. These links go to second and third websites where these websites are specific to that offer. - lack of a better word.

Example - let's say you have a site on dogs and you notice in the Google keyword planner that there is high competition CPC, like $30 per click for things like small brown dogs and dogs with small feet. So now you use the planner to find low competition keyword "smiling dogs" where the clicks are something you can afford and also easy to rank for where their is none to 3 Ads for smiley dogs on the search results pages.

Now on the smiley dogs site you have links to the small brown dogs site and another site on dogs with small feet. On the site for small brown dogs, that site is about only small brown dogs. The same for your other sites with respect to those keyword.

Now on those other sites is where you use the big high competition keywords for Adsence, and hopefully Google will display Ads that are costing others the $30 per click and which Google pays you a portion of that $30. Why?, because the Ad was triggered from your website.
Jim Burrow a senior student of Marcus.
http://howtobuildablog.net
gmaffmkt

Postby gmaffmkt » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:04 am

This plan seems to be far more valuable for definite affiliate offers. The part about " hopefully Google will display Ads that are costing others the $30 per click" seems to be giving up the control be are trying to build. Although it does get around the issue of AdSense not providing low value clicks, adding another step in the funnel will have its own conversion rate so guessing isn't a good method IMHO.

On the other hand, the idea of having a more generic landing page (centered around an ad group for example) that has satellite sub-niche landing pages to convert the lower volume (higher cost) but more targeted traffic seems valuable. It makes the generic landing page a static niche screener that funnels traffic to the right sub-niches to convert better through better matching traffic with more focused offers.

Remember that there will be an additional conversion rate as well so the spread between the value of the landing page's (lp) initial traffic and the targeted satellite (sat) traffic will have to be higher (e.g. $0.10 -> $1.00 for a 10x gain vs $0.10 x 10 = $1.00 (lp to sat 1/10th traffic), then it would effectively be $2.00 -> $20.00 for the same 10x more targeted conversion).

If AdSense will add another "conversion rate" from auto-picking the ad, then that last 10x will depend on their targeting more than ours and may reduce the value of the technique. But then again that is always there with AdSense :)

Ad Dennis Miller likes to say, "But then again I may be wrong!"

I'd love for Marcus to add to this discussion.
chelsieanayas

Postby chelsieanayas » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:06 pm

I would be happy if you could help us. I hope my site will be Google accepted and put it ahead so that I can grow and hope that it will come to me.

Return to “Niche Finding & Profitable Markets”